|Purpose of the role
The role sits within the Procurement function of the business and reports to the Operational Procurement Leader. Operating through a Matrix Management structure the post-holder will therefore also have responsibility into the Manufacturing & Logistics Manager.
The Purpose of the role is to provide support and expertise for all procurement activity within Exyte Hargreaves as directed by the Operational Procurement Lead. It is anticipated the role will have a 70% weighting to support the Manufacturing business activities with 30% dedicated to wider Procurement duties across the entire business including responsibility for some Central Overhead spend areas.
1. Working closely with Material Control to efficiently process incoming Purchase Requisitions for Raw Materials and Services.
2. Ensure materials and services are available at the right time / right cost and resolve any escalated supply chain issues.
3. Proactively manage allocated spend areas to drive cost efficiency and improve service levels.
4. Ensure accuracy of related transactional data and develop improved utilisation of systems / technology.
5. Proactively manage and build appropriate relationships within the business.
6. Take responsibility for Supplier Relationship Management both with existing and potential new supply partners.
7. Support the development and implementation of Procurement strategies across all relevant business areas.
8. Explore best practices and implement where appropriate to continuously improve policies, procedures and processes.
9. Represent Procurement as required in internal / external meetings
10. Providing reasonable cover for colleagues in the event of any absence.
11. Measure / Report Supplier Performance in order to drive service level improvement including conducting periodic Supplier Reviews.
12. Category and Contract Management for Central Overhead Spend.
|Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications|
· Experienced in a Procurement related function – ideally within a Manufacturing environment.
· Relevant Materials and Services experience
· Commercial acumen
· Ability to follow and develop Procurement processes
· Understanding of Supply Chain methodology
· Able to communicate effectively
· Excellent negotiation skills and proven track record of delivering cost improvements.
· IT Literate and familiar using ERP / MRP systems.
· Good level of numeracy and literacy – attention to detail.
· Flexible in approach, recognising that the demands and priorities may change.
Highly desirable (but not essential)
· Studying towards / CIPS qualification
To apply, please use the form below: