The Magnox Harwell site, near Oxford, was one of the founding sites of the UK’s nuclear energy industry. Over the course of several decades radioactive waste was produced and this store is the interim location prior to final disposal.
Exyte Hargreaves provided the complete HVAC, Fire and Security systems for this facility as a Tier 2 contractor for the main civil constructor.
Our scope of work started with Mechanical & Electrical design through to commissioning using specialist sub-contractors where required.
Exyte Hargreaves were responsible for responsible for detailed design to Stage 4C and to then proceed to a Construction Phase to deliver this £3M M&E project comprising of:
- High Integrity Containment Ventilation
- Plant & Equipment
- Chilled Water system
- Controls to achieve the very specific employer's requirements
- Full Electrical Services installation
- Full domestic Building Services installation
- Integrated BMS system and a Stack Discharge.